Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Seven Signs You’re in Love or Infatuated

By Grace Tzeng

Many years ago when I first started dating my ex-boyfriend, I couldn’t concentrate on food because I was constantly thinking about him. 

And I tossed and turned in bed picking through every detail about what he had said to me, how he said it, what he wore, how his hands looked, everything. 

Nowadays I’m not dating anyone.  So I get seven to eight hours of sleep and I wake up refreshed. 

In regards to food, my stomach thanks me as I ate a plate of salad, half an Yves vegetarian-ham sandwich, orange juice, half a mango, and a scoop and a half of butter pecan ice cream. 

Shutterstock.
Humor me and pretend
he's running around in my mind.
Is that what being in love or infatuation is like?  Unintentionally starving myself and creating bags under my eyes because some guy is running the treadmill of my mind?  

Well apparently there are signs that one is in love.   

In this Psychology Today.com Article thousands of happily married couples who have been married for 30 to 77 years on six continents of the world could vouch for the seven signs to indicate that a person is in love or infatuated.

Here are the signs.

1.  Physical Response

The body reacts to the excitement you feel when you see or talk with the person you like.  You can feel a range of sensations from butterflies in your stomach to goose bumps on your skin.  I don’t remember what I felt with my ex-boyfriend.  I’m guessing I had a rapid heartbeat.  Well, I was probably nervous around him.  But then again, I’m nervous around a lot of people, so I don’t know if that counts. 

2.  Emotional: 

The article said that most lovers report when they think about or see the person they love an uncontrollable smile comes over my face.”  People miss the person they like when he/she is not there.    

3.  Positive Worry: 

When I first read this, I thought this is kind of scary to worry about a person’s well-being.  But I kind of understand.  You want the best outcome for the person you love, so you might worry about how he or she did on his or her job interview (something along those lines.)  This shows that you care about the person you like. 

Shutterstock
4. Love Itself and Your Ability to Express That Love: 

You say the L word – LOVE.  Those three words “I Love You” can hold so much power and significance.  It can give people goosebumps.  

5. Oneness of Your Relationship: 

I suppose this is a meshing of two minds or two plans converting into one plan.  It no longer is “your” plan for the future; it becomes “our” plan for the future. 

6. Pre-occupied Love: 

Ah, once again, we have the person running circles in the mind.  Either it’s a woman you like in a bikini or a guy you like in the Speedo.  Okay, the person can be fully clothed, but he or she is constantly on your mind.  Bottom line, it’s hard to concentrate on work, conversations, meals, sleep because you’re constantly thinking about the person you like.

7.  I-Cannot-Imagine-Life-Without-Him/Her: 

How romantic to see a future with him or her.  I wonder when people think about marriage.  Do they think about it after six months of dating?  Or sooner?  Or later? 

So, what do you think of the 7 signs of love/infatuation?  Which signs did you experience?

2 comments:

minds(et) said...

Actually, I have not had many moments of infatuation. Probably due in part that most of my relationships were simply casual and not teetering on that cusp of "love"....however, I seem to love my food and music more than any man I've dated, heheh!!

Grace Tzeng said...

Darn -- I commented on May 17, but it didn't appear on Blogger.

Anyway I'll write it again: thank you Minds(et) for commenting. I hope that you find a man who is as wonderful as the food and music you love. :D

I checked out your blog too. Keep writing. I enjoyed what you wrote.

 
Powered by Blogger